Monday, March 17, 2014

Patrick Stewart (March 17, 2014) ( Feminist Paper Doll Project 2014)

March 17, 2014
Patrick Stewart 

Patrick Stewart is openly a feminist as well as a vocal activist and supporter of violence prevention programs. There are numerous reasons out in the news as to why I could include him. Please google him.

However, I love Star Trek. My introduction to Patrick Stewart was through his role as Captain Jean Luc Picard- a man who was bold, intelligent, sharp of wit AND had a full range of emotions. He was not over-sexualized, he was a leader who lead within his people and he liked books.

In creating today's doll, I asked which should I present: Stewart as Stewart or Stewart as Picard. My brother suggested that since I was creating a doll of Patrick Stewart I should also do one of Ian McKellan. Reason why I demanded. Because they are best friends. And McKellan is an overt (out) feminist too. And the pictures of them out there on the internets are down right silly and fun. Imagine: two grown men being silly and having fun together AND not anyone's expense! And they are feminists in deed and word.

Love.
UPDATE:  (I thought Patrick Stewart needed a derby hat -kinda like the one he is often photographed wearing with his pal Ian McKellen...so, )

No comments:

Post a Comment