Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bridget Sojourner (March 12, 2014) (Feminist Paper Dolls 2014)

March 12, 2014
Bridget Sojourner

Bridget Sojourner is a London based health educator and activist. At 75, she uses style as her current form of activism: She refuses to fade away. She refuses to live according to the stereotype of the beige little old lady. This spry woman takes to task the idea that we should become useless as we grow older and no longer be visible in the community. 

She says, ‘As a young girl, no one stopped me. I was quite like a lot of young girls. Now, I’m unusual because I’m older. When people started stopping me about my clothes I thought, I’ve been through feminism, racism, all the prejudices… I’m an activist and Ageism is the last bastion.’

More here at the Channel 4 documentary "Fabulous Fashionistas": http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fabulous-fashionistas/4od

No comments:

Post a Comment