Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Keep Children Safe...

I found a quote from Dostoyevsky in an alumni magazine I get every so often.  I ripped it out and posted on my refrigerator as a reminder when I get milk for my coffee.  I wish everyone had such a reminder.

Children often don't spare the truth.  They see to the bone of the issue.  Such is true in the images from the travelling exhibit "A Child's View from Gaza: Palestinian Children's Art and the Fight Against Censorship."  In Maine, we are fortunate enough to have this collection of artwork be on view at the Meg Perry Center in Portland for the month of January 2013.

There is an opening event on Friday, January 4.  Held during the First Friday Artwalk here in Portland, I hope folks go bear witness to these powerful works.  I will be teaching personal space to Kindergarten children in Lewiston, Maine then heading down with my own daughter.  I hope to see you there.  And if the distance is too far, I wish wherever you are is safe and filled with happy green.

No comments:

Post a Comment