Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Manipulate the Rip & Tear...



On Friday Rip & Tear will open.  This experimental drawing show involves 6 diverse artists manipulating their own drawings and allowing the audience to literally rip copies of those drawings off the walls during the show.  Interacting with viewers often makes me nervous.  I am a shy person, although people often don't believe it.  They often mis-perceive me to be mean or hostile. 

I'm really not.  I'm shy and just putting on a front. 
The drawings that I have created for the show are in honor of a friend who would like to have a baby.  The images are all of zygotes and cellular division. 

I hope that you will join us at the Meg Perry Center on Friday if you are in Portland.  You can have the honor of ripping art off the walls for a mere $5. 




No comments:

Post a Comment