Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dolls that I never had

 I have had possession of my 2013 Sketchbook Project book and assignment for the better part of 2012.  My topic, my theme was "A Memoir."   I had intended to create a story about my childhood.   Specifically about my lamb and my dog, Allie and how we used to go on walks out in the woods together.  I have the nebulous imagery in my head but I could never get motivated to bring it out (of my head).

 And as the deadline for this project is approaching, I settled on dolls.  As I first began to draw, I completely forgot that I was supposed to have a theme.  What to do? what to do?

So these dolls are representative of dolls that I never had as a child.  I will be adding bits of color and more stitching.  Then I will upload the images onto my profile at the Art House Co-op.  Finally, the actual book will be sent (hopefully with a January 15th postmark) to the Library down in Brooklyn, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment