Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Dinosaurs at Christmastime...

 Every year, my daughter, my husband and I make a gingerbread house.  The houses we make tend to be rather pathetic.  They are often lopsided and cave in on themselves.  We'd always try to make them cute and tidy.  But alas...we'd fail and they would be sad little houses.

This year while planning for our annual house building, we spotted little marzipan gingerbread men at the store.  My daughter and I looked at each other and almost simultaneously said, "Godzilla!"  We'd make our normal pathetic house but add a toy dinosaur to wreak carnage on the house.  This would justify our lopsided construction!
 The cookie part of the house is actually really lovely gingerbread...very tasty.  The toy dinosaur will be washed off in a few days and returned to the bin on much loved animals and figures.  The marzipan gingerbread men are gross...(I hate marzipan.  It tastes like sadness.)

We had fun and as usual truly enjoyed building our little house together.  This year our building skills were actually a little better as the house really did stand up.
We also learned that gingerbread men bleed blue frosting.  

Have a warm and bright winter holiday wherever you are.  I hope your days are filled with laughter and the people (and other creatures) who love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment