Sunday, June 10, 2012

Versatile Blog Award

Yvonne recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.  I'm not exactly sure what it is or what magic wishes it entitles me to but it allowed me to find out about both her "Zentangles" and her birds.  I love her birds.  So, thank you, Yvonne, both for nominating me and for making those birds!


There are rules for this award thingy. So, here are the rules for the Versatile Blog Award:

                
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. 
  • Include a link to Their blog.
  • Next, select 5 blogs / bloggers That you've recently discovered or follow REGULARLY.
  • Those nominate 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are the 5 blogs that I'd like to nominate:

1. Took over at Fraught with Meaning...I do believe she tries to post something about her art process everyday and she makes some wonderful creatures.
2. Sebastian over at Acts of Random Art often gets in trouble for drawing with chalk on trash cans and I love that.  Also he "catches" street art at its finest among many other things.
3. Michael at Skybridge Studios creates fantastic collages that have a lovely dry humor.
4. Papergirl Zagreb founded by Aisha asks for folks to send art that can be rolled up, archives the art on her blog, then randomly gives the art to people in Zagreb.  Love this democratic distribution of art.
5. And finally Tomasz has Simple Observations.  These almost daily photographs are lovely bits of the world.  Snapshots of places that are.

An Yvonne here are the seven things about me:
1. I love digging in the dirt and planting things.  My husband built me a greenhouse last summer and it is one of my favorite places in the universe.
2. I love the smell of watercolors and have to refrain from licking the paint.
3.  I have two dogs, four cats and a flock of theoretical goats and metaphysical chicken (the goats and chickens live in my mind because I would be too scared for them in the wintertime and would probably bring them all in the house.)
4. I have been with my husband longer than I have not been with him.  He is my best friend.
5. We (my husband and I) have a very cheeky 11 year old daughter who is right now playing the piano.
6. I often draw my dreams.  My drawings often scare me.  Then I have nightmare about my drawings and I have to draw the nightmares.  It is quite a loop.
7. I love roses and tomatoes and plant both whenever I can.  I would like a rose and tomato infused perfume.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment