Saturday, March 24, 2012

Historical, Contemporary, Personal

March  19, 2012
Simone de Beauvoir
 "There are cases where the slave does not know his servitude and where it is necessary to bring the seed of his liberation to him from the outside: his submission is not enough to justify the tyranny which is imposed upon him."  ~ Simone de Beauvoir


March 20, 2012
My 11 year old daughter
 "I'm happy today! Don't you just love it when you have a great day!" ~my 11 year old daughter


March 21, 2012
My daughter's father (who is also my best friend and wonderful husband)
 "Parents who judge their children have completely misunderstood the role of being a parent. It is the parents who must wait to be judged by their children, in order to finally understand the purpose of being a parent." ~ Timothy Eichfeld


March 22, 2012
Samira Ibrahim,
Egyptian activist who is currently taking on the Egyptian Army's use of 'virginity tests.' 
  “I refuse to allow this. A woman’s body should not be used as a tool for intimidation, and nobody should have their dignity violated.” ~ Samira Ibrahim


March 23, 2012
Rosa Parks
 "The only tired I was, was tired of giving in." ~ Rosa Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment