Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meditations on dead creatures and love trinkets

October 14, 2011
 My attentions have been pulled to creating puppets of late.  I have been drawing them constructing them.  My daughter who often sits with me as I draw gives me feedback on the creatures.  I value her insight very much.
October 13, 2011
 One of the puppets was what I called a bird. She said she could not see the bird in the head.  "It looks like a frog or an alien, Mom."  That is okay with me.
October 12, 2011
 She watches me, asking questions on how to create certain forms.  Then she grabs her own paper and we draw together.  If I finish a drawing she likes, I know it is a good one.  She asks for certain ones.  I tell her they all will be hers one day most likely.
October 11, 2011
 We have four cats who are all excellent hunters.  We also have a large black dog.  They all seem to love us very much.  They offer us their kills.  The dog leaves them until she is asked to take it outside.  As if to ask for a drawing, one of the cats leaves a dead bird posed beautifully on the drafting table.  They all need new belled collars.
October 10, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment