Saturday, August 6, 2011

Eyeballs, dolls and plants...drawing a day August 5 &6, 2011

August 5, 2011
 I have a thing for plastic army men.  It seems my grocery store does as well.  Bags of plastic army men line the cereal isles, sandwiched between the Cheerios and the Fruity Pebbles.  The plastic army men kinda litter my studio, standing watch over the paints and brushes. 

Last Halloween, I was compelled to purchase a large bag of super balls that looked like eyeballs.  I said that they were for my daughter.  Somehow they all managed to mingle in my studio with the plastic army men.  They roll around on the old window that I use for a watercolor palette.

August 6, 2011
In addition to the bouncy eyeballs and plastic army men, there also seems to be a lot of house plants.  They grow and pop out of there pots and then root themselves in the empty milk jugs and pasta sauce jars.  The army men think they are back in the jungles on Theta-S5 and the eyeballs position themselves in the plant soil so that the flowers can see when the coast is clear.

The Baby doll is not really there...it is pure imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment